I love this routine, because it’s not a rape joke. It’s a rape culture joke. It’s not making fun of the people who have been raped, but of both rape culture (not being able to just jog because it’s not safe) but of the idea that the only thing of value in a woman is her vagina.
Really this is brilliant. So brilliant.
*hears intro to Sugar We’re Going Down* … *runs into room* AM I MORE THAN YOU BARGAINED FOR YET *kicks wall* I’VE BEEN DYING TO TELL YOU ANYTHING *punches chair* YOU WANNA HEAR *throws table* COS THAT’S JUST WHO I AM THIS WEEK
- Apple: I haven't really taken notice of you so far.
- Honeydew: You fascinate me.
- Banana: You annoy me.
- Mullberry: Mostly I tolerate you on my dash.
- Cherry: You make me uncomfortable.
- Orange: I love your blog, but I'm not very interested in you personally.
- Grapefruit: I don't care so much for your blog, but I'm rather interested in you as a person.
- Kiwi: Love your blog, equally interested in you as a person.
- Pineapple: I think about you even when I'm not on tumblr.
- Rasberry: I'm not even aware I'm re-blogging from you when I do.
- Strawberry: I wasn't even aware I was following you. How did that happen?
- Mango: I wouldn't mind talking to you if you ever messaged me, but it's not that big of a deal to me.
- Apple: I would really like to talk to you, but I never will initiate it.
- Guava: I have no interest in talking with you on here.
- Blueberry: Sometimes, I like and re-blog posts from you just to get your attention.
- Cantaloupe: I often avoid liking and re-blogging your post so I don't draw your attention.
- Watermelon: I'm not very interested in you or your blog, I'm just too lazy to unfollow you.
- Elderberry: I've anon-ed you something personal before.
- Pumpkin: I've anon-ed you a compliment before.
- Kumquat: I've anon-ed you hate before.
- Lemon: Never anon-ed you before, probably won't again.
- Lime: We've never talked and I prefer to keep it that way.
- Papaya: We used to talk but we don't anymore and that makes me sad.
- Rhubarb: We used to talk and we don't anymore and I prefer it that way.
- Tangerine: We talk on here sometimes and I want it to continue.
- Plum: Meh.